T-QUAL Accreditation is FREE for eligible STAR Rating licensees.
The Australian Government has been working with the States and Territories and with the Australian tourism industry to develop a national symbol of quality – T-QUAL Accreditation.
The official STAR Rating Scheme in Australia has been identified as a keystone partner of T-QUAL Accreditation. Under the terms of an agreement with the Australian Government, AAA Tourism is a Master Licensee of the T-QUAL mark.
As a result, STAR Rating licensees are able to sub-licence the T-QUAL mark to promote their individual accommodation properties and to take advantage of the powerful backing of Tourism Australia marketing programs.
Tourism Australia will promote T-QUAL Accreditation throughout international and domestic travel markets and trade distribution channels as the new, national symbol of tourism quality.
What are the benefits?
T-QUAL endorsed businesses are licensed to use the framework’s logo, the T-QUAL Tick, in their marketing. The T-QUAL Tick is an easily recognisable, national symbol of quality that consumers can look for when making Australian travel bookings. T-QUAL endorsed businesses that display the T-QUAL Tick will benefit from:
1. Immediate and ongoing boost to credibility;
2. Increased quality standards across the Australian tourism industry;
3. Marketing that encourages consumers to book their products;
4. Increased national and international exposure;
5. Preferential listing on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) distribution network, such as Australia.com (for businesses that are a part of the ATDW);
6. Increased online distribution via a partnership with TripAdvisor; and
7. A competitive advantage that is likely to increase consumer take-up.
Signing up for T-QUAL
To be eligible for T-QUAL Accreditation STAR Rating licensees must:
Comply with all Scheme Entry Criteria and be awarded a STAR Rating under the newly introduced Scheme's Standards and Guidelines.
When a STAR Rating licensee receives an Assessment Report following an assessment under the new Scheme, they will receive an email from the Department of Resources, Energy & Tourism inviting them to accept the T-QUAL Sub-Licence. Once accepted, the property is licensed to use the T-QUAL mark and will receive a T-QUAL marketing and collateral kit from Tourism Australia.
For more information contact the STAR Ratings Australia team on (03) 8601 2225 or email email@example.com